Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Pre-wedding photo shoot day

This day has finally arrived! I was anticipating this day for long as I am curious how would I look like with heavier make up on and different hair styles. This is a picture of us before proceeding out for our photo shoot.


Pardon the no camera allowed sign. Haha!

We chose this 3 locations to do our shoot.
1) Botanical garden (Reason being: We like one of the shot that our bridal shop has taken. It's like a cave with waterfall on the outside)

2) Victoria theatre (Reason being: Love the interior of the place)

3) Marina bay sands (Reason being: I like the lightings of the office towers)



Did my bridal nails at princess cottage.
Took the bridal package which cost me $188 nett however I top up $5 as i chose a new gelish color which doesn't make sense to me.  I had to top up $8 as well if I like to add on a top coat that will ensure my gelish colour to shine and not fade off.

In my opinion, it's not worth to have your nails done up for photo shoot because after all your nails is secondary. The bride and the groom are the primary focus.
Even if the photographer is able to take a nice shot of your nails with the wedding bands, it's not worth to select that particular as one of the chosen shot for the wedding album.

We set of at around 1.20 PM to botanical garden and we ending our shoot at around 8 PM.
It was quite a enjoyable process. 
The only con is my make up artist left after my third hair do. (I wasn't aware initially)
Took a glance at our contract and realised that in the contract they did stated the make up artist will leave after the third hairdo. Lesson learnt THEREFORE, please read all fine prints carefully!!!
It would be better if the make up artist could stay till the end of the photo shoot as the back button of my evening gown came off halfway through the photo shoot. My fiancé had to button it up for me and the funniest thing is once he is done one button another button came off.
I believed guys are never good at such things.

Another point to take note is , if you have all your request to be included into the contract so that at least you have something to fall back on.
We signed our MDW package last December and now we could barely remember what is included in the package and what is not.
Ampoule was not included for my case likewise trial make up as well.
The make up that they did for me was passable. Not to heavy for me. 
Hairdo wise, I like the first hairdo. Second hairdo was passable too.
Third hairdo was not to my liking :(
The picture my mua showed me looks nice on the pictures but the end product that she did for me was a little tad different. 
It was definitely a wrong move not to research on hairstyling way beforehand.
Read MDW reviews and thought I could trust them entirely.
Brides to be please do research and not follow my foot steps.











2 comments:

  1. Pre-wedding & Post-wedding photography packages for Europe cities:

    Hello there, hope you are well! You both look amazing :) I just saw your post on singaporebrides.com

    I am Tina Au Green. My husband Edward Green and I provide pre-wedding, wedding day and post-wedding photography & videography also hair & make up services to our clients in London & UK and other Europe cities.

    ( We do not charge extra for transportation fee )

    Our packages are flexible and reasonably priced and suggest the best package for you.

    Chinese style;

    https://www.facebook.com/LondonChineseWedding/

    Western style;

    https://www.facebook.com/London-Engagement-Wedding-Photography-and-Videography-1547845602171994/

    Look forward to hearing from you!
    Thank you
    Tina

    http://www.thesnapshotcafe.com/engagement-wedding/

    http://www.thesnapshotcafe.com/gallery/hair-make-up/

    http://www.thesnapshotcafe.com/gallery/wedding-videos/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,

      Thanks for the information. In future if we would require such service we will let you know :)

      Delete